This was my week last week, which will forever rank as one of my best weeks ever (this excludes special weeks like when I am on vacation, at an HP conference, or that whole summer when I didn’t work at all).
1. Sunday--Went to the fair with Jill. What more can I say, it was amazing and wonderful and I got to see my friend Linda from library school.
2. Tuesday–Didn’t have to do storytime because we had a musical guest come! Yea!!!
3. Wednesday–Bought a WHOLE BUNCH of kids DVDs for the library! I love buying stuff for the library, it is total retail therapy for me! (Amber, I totally bought Hotel for Dogs!!!!)
4. Thursday–Went to a live Rifftrax show with my dad and sister. Rifftrax involves the same people who did Mystery Science Theater 3000 (which, if you don’t know what that is, I am very sorry). The guys were in a theater in Nashville riffing on Plan 9 From Outer Space, and the live feed went out to hundreds of theaters nation wide. It was honestly, the funniest thing I have ever seen. We laughed so hard we cried. Also, the opening act was Jonathan Coulton who totally rocked. He sang songs about zombies and cyborgs which was perfect for a theater full of nerdgirls and nerdboys. Go to this page and listen to Re: Your Brains, it is awesome! Everyone in the theater sang along to the part “all we want to do is eat your brains!!!”
5. Friday–I got to see my friends Jill and Brian from library school. Jill was visiting all the way from Arizona!! We played darts (I realized how out of practice I am) and chatted just like old times.
6. Weekend–I went home for my Dad’s birthday and watched old school Mystery Science Theater 3000 with my dad, had angel food cake with strawberries on top and watched the Hannah Montana movie with my sister. Perfection!
Also, this week was one of my best reading weeks ever (best as in most satisfaction gained from the books read). I read all 10 Princess Diaries books, which was wonderful! It was like the equivalent of eating a whole carton of Ben and Jerry’s without feeling all sick afterwards. Can I just say that thank goodness Meg Cabot invented Michael Moscovitz, because there are no guys like him in real life.
I also read As You Wish by Jackson Pearce, When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead, and the last three On the Run books by Gordon Korman. As You Wish was great and is the perfect read alike for people who love Twilight (or books that are awesome!). I always love everything by Gordon Korman, so I enjoyed those books, but Oh. My. Gosh. When You Reach Me is like nothing I have ever read. I just want to find Rebecca Stead and give her a hug and say “Thank you for writing a book that is so unique and special and phenomenal!!!” There really are no words to describe how good that book is.
So, all in all, it was a really good week, and this week has a lot to do in order to live up to it.