Hello friends! It’s been a *really* long time since my last post. September was craaaazy busy at work, and I was too tired to do anything in my free time. I’m going to try to post more in October. First up — my new car!
Way back in July, I was taking my old car (Pam) on my way to the STL area on a Friday afternoon. I was going to Florida by way of STL because I was flying out with my younger cousins the next day. About halfway between Chicago and STL, my air conditioner went out so I rolled down the windows. Then I smelled something burning and realized the car temperature was WAY in the hot zone. 😦 When I frantically called my dad, he said to get off at the next exit. Luckily I made it to my exit – unluckily, Pam died at the stoplight just off the interstate. When I got it towed to a Ford dealer, they said it wouldn’t be an easy fix. UGH. But my mom is awesome and drove about 2.5 hours to come pick me up and get me downstate so I could fly out the next morning. My parents told me not to think about my car issues while I was gone, and my dad looked into cars in the area I’d had to abandon mine. When I got back a week later, my parents took me up halfway, helped me pick out a new car, and I drove home in a different car than the one I drove down in.
Isn’t she pretty?
Here are my top 5 favorite things about my new car (in no particular order):
1. Stereo controls on steering wheel! Very handy since I’m a huge radio surfer.
2. USB / mp3 jack outlets! I can plug in my iPod instead of having to make new cds everytime I get an awesome new song! I LOVE this feature. The mp3 jack was actually the first thing I told my dad I wanted in a new car. I didn’t even realize at the time how awesome the USB feature was, but it even charges my iPod when I use it!
3. SYNC. I can talk on the phone through my car! All I have to do is push a button (on the steering wheel), and tell my car what I want it to do. And it works for more than the phone. I can push a button and tell it I want to hear a certain artist on my iPod. It’s pretty awesome.
4. Sunroof / Moonroof! I had a sunroof in a car I shared with my sister in high school and I’ve always wanted a moonroof. Now I get both!
5. Seat warmer. My new car has leather seats, which was really hot in summer sun, but now that it’s getting cooler, I’ve used this a few times and it’s great. Bring it, winter. At least my butt will be warm on my way to work…plus, you know, the rest of me because my car does have heat. 🙂
– Sirius Radio. Even though I’d love Sirius Radio, it’s pricey, so I ignored this feature until I stumbled upon it working around Labor Day. Then for about 2.5 weeks it was the greatest thing EVER. Unfortunately, it stopped working and I realized it wasn’t a fluke that I got it – it was a free trial. 😦
– Mileage readout. My car tells me how many miles I have left until empty. It’s a nice thing for when I’m getting low but don’t make time to stop before/after work. Even when I think I’m really low, I still have like 75 miles left.
It sucks to have a monthly car payment, but my car’s pretty awesome so it’s ok. 🙂
Expect more updates soon.