Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. A lot of blogs I follow also play along, so I’ve decided to join. Hopefully it’ll be a fun easy way to start blogging again.
This week is Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book.
1. J.K. Rowling – I’m pretty sure she’s on everyone’s list, and honestly I don’t know if anything else she would write would live up to HP7, but I’m willing to take that risk.
2. Meg Cabot – Ok, Meg Cabot’s pretty busy still writing books, but honestly I’d love more Allie Finkle. I think she’s done with #6 and that makes me sad.
3. Michelle Cooper – Have you all read A Brief History of Montmaray and The FitzOsbornes in Exile yet? Do it!
4. (Avert your eyes Jen!!!) Stephanie Perkins – Isla and the Happily Ever After has been pushed back to 2013 to make a better novel, which I respect, but I sure wish it were easier to pop out more books.
5. Jon Scieszka & Lane Smith – The Stinky Cheese Man, Math Curse, Squids Will Be Squids, etc. Together is where they belong. Collaborate more often!
6. Rick Riordan – He’s practically as prolific as Patterson (when you remove the co-writers), and we’ve established his books are candy. I wouldn’t mind getting cavities for more Percy Jackson.
7. Ally Carter – I am officially declaring Ally Carter the female Rick Riordan. In that her books are also like candy. More Gallagher Girls and Heist Society please!
8. Melanie Watt – I’m pretty sure if there were 100 books about Scaredy Squirrel, I would read them ALL.
Hmm, well that’s only 8, but since it’s my first Top Ten, I deem that ok.
What would you put on your list?