An uncomplete list of things that have gone on in my head today:
1. Why can’t babies stand up by themselves? Is it like a balance issue? Or are their leg muscles just not strong enough? Seems to me that it’s probably a muscle issue because staying upright is pretty darn easy.
2. Cookie time has been supposedly going on for a while and I have yet to see any girl scouts. Why is there not a cookie booth in every grocery store? I should drive out to the Kroger tonight and see if there are some girl scouts there. Also, why don’t they wear uniforms anymore? (When is the last time you saw a girl scout in her uniform?)
3. How did I dent my fingernail and not notice? You think you would notice whacking your finger hard enough to take a chunk out of it.
4. Tiny bubble wrap might possibly be the greatest invention of all time.
5. Knees look stupid. In fact, most joints look stupid and I feel like they could be better made.
6. *Picturing a shin splint* Thanks a lot, dance teacher. (Last night she explained exactly what a shin splint was. I will never forgive her for the imagery.)
7. When did this whole month thing come about? Like, how did they keep track of dates like 1,000 years ago? When did we start using calendars? 1,000 years ago, did someone say, hey meet me next Tuesday? Or did they say, hey meet me in 10 days? When did the concept of the day come about? Do you think maybe instead of day they said something like, sun periods?
8. Mushrooms are disgusting and should be allowed to be hunted into extinction.
9. Johnny Depp is most attractive looking to me when he is dressed as a pirate.
10. Sometimes Irish music and bluegrass music is indistinguishable to my ears. I think it’s because of the fiddle. Also, I like the banjo and the bagpipes, but probably not together.
11. How is that new SciFi show, the one where they go back in time to live with the dinosaurs (Terra Nova I think is it’s name?), going to address the oxygen level issue? I hope they don’t ignore it and let people think the levels back then are the same as they are today.
12. Disgusting and delicious don’t usually go together, but yogurt makes it work.
13. I love polka dots.
14. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen is a great book, but the cover is so so wrong for it.
15. You know the Jacuzzi suit that they had on The Simpson’s that one time? I want one.
16. I wish every day it was mandatory to stop and do some double dutch. Not only is double dutch awesome, but I’m really good at it.