So it is 2011! Just in case you were not aware of that. It seems strange, just the other day I wrote the date with the year as 1998. So I am only 13 years behind!
But on to the post! This year I decided I should definitely have resolutions. Last year I didn’t make any, or the year before that. Actually, I haven’t made any New Year’s resolutions since high school. I think I went through a phase where I was “too cool” (hahahahaha) for resolutions. But this year, I am not too cool for resolutions! I am so beneath them, the resolutions actually ELEVATE my coolness. I know.
My goal for making resolutions was to try to keep them smallish and achievable. This is alright, as I also have a list of Life Goals (like owning this) so I don’t have to worry about discovering Atlantis this year. If you follow me on Twitter, you probably have seen some of my Life Goals. I tweet helpful things too, like Life Lessons (like Don’t eat the skin that peels of your lip because you’ll feel like a vampire and then stupid). So my Resolution list might seem a bit boring because they are things that I should be doing anyway, but don’t because I am lazy and a procrastinator.
Lindsay’s 2011 Resolutions
1. Drink more water. Seriously, I am like a camel in the respect that I can go a really long time without water. I am just not a naturally thirsty person. But it is IMPORTANT to drink water to keep your body flushed and nasty stuff from building up in your sinuses.
2. Write every day. This is something that has dawned on me lately. I know, I know. Almost any author will tell you that you need to do this. But I was operating under the opinion that everyone is different, so maybe I didn’t need to do that. Well, see, I’ve learned that if I don’t write every single day, I forget important DETAILS about the book I’m working on. And if I stop writing for more than days in a row, I will be completely lost, and get angry and let myself think really sucky thoughts about how I’ll never be a real writer. So even if it’s just a few sentences, or even just some more setting or character descriptions, I need to sit down and DO IT.
3. Blog more. I really actually love blogging. And I have so many posts planned out! I have so many books that I want to share with you! (Jellicoe Road and the rest of Melina Marchetta’s AMAZING books, The Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare, the Chaos Walking series!!) I want to try and succeed at BEDA again this year. I really do!
4. Run a 5k. Without walking. I have never actually ran 5 kilometers (what, like….3ish miles?) straight in my life. It’d be nice to finally be able to do it. Plus it’d be nice to finally look at my legs and not go, “So squishy 😦 ”
5. Drink less pop. I drink a lot of pop. It’s so darn addicting. I was going to go cold turkey, but then Husband brought home a 6 pack of coke in the cute little mini glass bottles. I told him it was the last pop he could bring home, and so hopefully I can quit as soon as I’ve finished the pack. (I know, I know, I should quit now, but you guys! The bottles are so adorbs!)
And that’s it! Basically I’m resolved to be healthier-ish and more committed to my goal of becoming a writer. I’ll report back in 2012 and let you know how it went!
What are your resolutions for the New YEAR? If you have any, that is!
Dinosaurs are cool,