I am not really a big New Year’s resolution type of person, because I have never kept any of them. Maybe if I call them goals, I will be more likely to accomplish them.
Here are my Goals for the year 2011:
1. Teach my cats how to get along!!! Now that I have four cats, my life is pretty miserable. They all hate each other, and most of the time they hate me too. My days are spent breaking up fights, picking up broken things, and cleaning up kitty puke. Hopefully, 12 months from now, we will all be a very happy family sitting together on the couch in front of the space heater.
2. Lose a few more pounds and keep the weight off!!! Last year I lost 25 pounds, which is pretty awesome. Then, I gained some of it back (more than some actually) when I went on my cruise. The holiday eating binge did not help either. So my goal for the next year is to stop my weight gain in its tracks and hopefully shave off a few more pounds.
3. Revisit some favorites on DVD!! I will be the first to admit that I have a problem with buying DVDs. I have tons of movies and a bunch of tv shows in my possession right now. I would like to spend some quality time catching up with my favorites like 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Road to Avonlea, Firefly, and Everwood.
4. Eat more veggies!! As I explain to most people, I am a vegetarian who doesn’t like vegetables. I hope to spend the next 12 months trying to eat at least one serving of vegetables per day. I know you’re supposed to eat like 4 or something crazy like that, but one a day will be a good start for me.
5. Print off more photos and frame them!!! I am totally stealing this from Monica on Friends because that episode was on the other day. I noticed that all the framed photos in my apartment are from approximately 5 years ago. Ever since getting a digital camera, I download pics on my computer and then don’t do anything else with them. I am determined that this year I will print them off and change out some of the old photos.
These are all pretty easy resolutions to keep (except the vegetable one) so hopefully I will do well keeping them. Do any other Nerdgirls have resolutions besides Lindsay?