This week I watched TWO fabulous fall finales of TV shows I love.
The first — Gossip Girl, “The Debarted”
OMG, what a freaking awesome episode. I won’t spoil anything, but let me tell you my favorite things about it.
- The storyline actually moved along! I know, crazy, right? It probably only happened because it was the fall finale, which I didn’t realize until I started writing this post — HUGE disappointment, but I guess I can live with it since Life Unexpected will be starting soon. Anyway, stuff actually happened! A lot of stuff! There were secrets, affairs, drugs, oh snap moments, what an ass moments, wtf moments, a ghost, a flashback, a car accident, and a surprise! Whew!
- Chuck Bass. Ok, so I always love Chuck Bass, but in this episode, he was amazing. Ed Westwick is incredible in this episode.
- Nate Archibald. He’s awfully close to knocking Chuck off of the top of my favorite Gossip guys list.
Those are the highlights for me from what I can remember right now. I’m thinking about watching the episode again soon. And I rarely rewatch GG episodes. *Sigh* I’m going to miss it until it returns in March.
The second amazing fall finale of the week — Glee, “Sectionals”
This episode also had a lot going on and really showed off how versatile it is. Not only is it a musical comedy that dabbles in cheesy drama, but it also had REAL drama in the finale. Here are a few of my favorite things about this episode.
- Cory Monteith, who plays Finn, did a great job. You totally felt for Finn. I’m love him a little bit more every episode.
- Emma really surprised me toward the end by doing something I didn’t think she was capable of given earlier episodes, and I was SO proud of her! If you saw the episode, you probably know what I’m talking about.
- So, so many wonderful quotes. I seriously laughed out loud, rewound to watch again, and then wrote them down. Some of the best —
“Does it have to be tonight? I have fight club.” – Puck (hilarious for so many reasons)
“Hey buddy, I just came in to feed my Venus flytrap.” – Sue
“I’m sorry, Sue. You have disgraced yourself and the name of William McKinley.” “A FAILED president!” – Principal Figgins and Sue
- Kurt and a few other Glee members performed part of the “Single Ladies” dance during “My Life Would Suck Without You”. Very subtle and totally fabulous.
Did you watch either of these or see any other great episodes of TV shows this week?