Well, like Amber, I have also been absent for awhile, but mainly because my life is not that exciting. But quite a bit of stuff has happened to me too in the past week or two. I will try to give a quick rundown a la Amber.
1. I got ringworm. Again. I feel all dirty like a leper or something. Thank God my cats have not caught it. I am pretty sure I got it from work, because it runs rampant in children and wrestlers (and since I don’t hang out with too many wrestlers…..).
2. I had a wicked bad earache that is finally gone, but I still can’t hear properly out of my ear. Probably not a good thing.
3. The city police have barricaded every entrance to my apartment complex except for one and this is what I have to face everyday when I come home from work:
Apparently the cops were so sick of coming here all the time for noise complaints, domestic violence calls, burglaries and vandalisms that they just decided to set up shop and scope everybody out as they pull into the parking lot. It has been all over the papers and the news for the past week.
4. Also, said apartment complex is being torn down next year to make room for a new set of condos.
5. Needless to say, I have decided to move.
6. The elevator is broken at work and won’t be fixed for 8 weeks. That involves transferring books upstairs and downstairs in baskets, not to mention how much it sucks for our disabled patrons.
7. Today, while practicing a storytime outside with my co-worker, a giant spider fell down my shirt. Of course I was wearing a tank top underneath my shirt with one of those built in bra things. So it got stuck above the elastic band. I danced around and screamed for a few minutes before I finally got rid of it.
Other than that, things have been going pretty well. My mom is coming to visit me this weekend and it is also the library book sale. I hope to come away from the sale with lots more books to pack up!